Canyon Church Camp staff will learn and practice the skills required to create an enjoyable, safe and smooth running youth camp. The staff should have skills in song leadership, campfire planning, worship leadership and safety protocols. Desired skill sets include the following: hiking, orienteering, crafts, sports, rainy day activities, quiet time activities, music, nature knowledge, bible knowledge and appreciation of others’ faith stories. Staff are also required to be physically fit.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head Cook to clean and organize the Kitchen, dishwashing pit, and storage areas to be ready for the season. Maintain a friendly working relationship with the Head Cook and the Camp Director in order to provide a happy, safe seasonal camp.
- Keep Kitchen dishes cleaned at all times. Dishes have to be washed and rinsed in the hottest water. Wear rubber gloves. Let the dishes air dry and put them away when they are dry. Endeavour to have the cooking pots and dishes cleaned before dishing-up times, as all of the space is needed to hold the food that will be served. Insure counters and table tops are always clean.
- Assist the Head Cook in meal preparation, i.e. preparing vegetable and fruit platters, salads and ensuring a bowl of clean fruit is kept on the counter in the Lodge dining room.
- Before breakfast, insure all cereal containers are full and that there is enough sugar (brown and white) and milk available. Campers make their own toast, but the Assistant Cook ensures that there is bread, butter and jam by the toaster.
- Before each meal ensure that the juice, water and milk dispensers are clean and filled.
- Assist the Head Cook in passing the bowls and platters of food to the servers.
- After every meal is done, gather up and combine leftover food, wrap it properly and place in refrigerator or freezer. The campers wash their own dishes, serving bowls and platters. The Assistant Cook washes cooking pots and pans and cooking utensils.
- Sanitize the counters, sinks and floors at the end of the day and at other times of the day as required.
- Wash all of the dish towels and tea towels daily.
- Clean and fill the napkin holders, salt and pepper shakers, popcorn makers, condiment dispensers, dish and hand soap.
- After one camp or rental group leaves and before another camp or rental group arrives, put away all of the dishes in the dish pit and sanitize the sinks and counters. Maintain an orderly dish pit so it will be easier for the incoming rental group to see where everything is kept.
- Will work under the direction of the Head Cook.
- A current Standard First Aid certificate will be required.
- Provide a current valid Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Included clear of any incidents.
- Provide a current valid Provincial Child & Family Services Authority, Intervention Record Check clear of any incidents.
Canyon Church Camp is looking for fun energetic staff for the upcoming summer season. Fill out the application form here, then email your Resume and 2 References to email@example.com.
Back to Employment Opportunities