Canyon Church Camp staff will learn and practice the skills required to create an enjoyable, safe and smooth running youth camp. The staff should have skills in song leadership, campfire planning, worship leadership and safety protocols. Desired skill sets include the following: hiking, orienteering, crafts, sports, rainy day activities, quiet time activities, music, nature knowledge, bible knowledge and appreciation of others’ faith stories. Staff are also required to be physically fit.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Shall endeavor to help the campers learn Christian faith and living.
- Will attend recommended camp training events and the orientation weekend.
- Shall submit written reports of their expectations, experiences and recommendations for future camp improvement.
- Shall participate in daily staff meetings.
- Will adhere to all the rules and regulations of Camp and cannot leave the Camp unless permission is given by the Camp Director.
- Live in and supervise a cabin of campers. Will participate in all kitchen, bathroom and lodge cleanup with their campers and Counselors-in-Training. Will help their campers and CITs plan and lead in campfire, vespers, and morning watch as assigned. Will work with their campers and CITs to clean their cabin each morning for inspection and ensure a thorough cabin cleanup at each week’s end.
- Will be a listening ear and role model to the campers, CITs and Resource Staff.
- Will help in the implementation of workshops, group activities, and other camp programs, ensuring that CITs and campers participate in all parts of the camping program.
- Must remember that camper needs take priority over their own needs at all times.
- Will refer their health problems to the Camp Medic.
- Will promptly submit incident reports to the Camp Director as the need arises
- Provide a current valid Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Included clear of any incidents.
- Provide a current valid Provincial Child & Family Services Authority, Intervention Record Check clear of any incidents.
- Provide two References.
- Must have a respect for and a willingness to understand United Church of Canada Theology so as to encourage and support our Christian community.
- Must have First Aid or CPR training.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy physical activity.
- Must have experience working with groups of children in a leadership role. Relevant reference and details should be furnished.
- Will possess many skills in the following areas: hiking, orienteering, crafts, sports, rainy day activities, quiet time activities, music, nature knowledge, bible knowledge and appreciation of others’ faith stories. Details required.
- Will submit a medical confirmation of physical fitness.
Canyon Church Camp is looking for fun energetic staff for the upcoming summer season. Fill out the application form here, then email your Resume and 2 References to email@example.com.
Back to Employment Opportunities