Application Deadline: Will remain open until suitable applicant is found
YOU are a high-energy professional, with a passion for your work. WE are a high-
performance organization that values world-class excellence and innovation. YOU value a
relaxed, “family-like” work atmosphere, and strongly contribute to a positive culture in the
workplace. WE offer the potential for a joyful work life.
A Community Disability Services Worker supports and facilitates the development
of skills and competencies to assist individuals with disabilities to pursue and
achieve their goals by accessing meaningful community based activities.
Weekly hours alternate between 20.25 hours week one and 21 hours week two (including
documentation and meeting times).
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
May include but are not limited to:
Fostering proactive, innovative results to individuals and families affected by brain injury, developmental disabilities and/or fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
Locating and participating in meaningful community based employment, community and volunteer placements, recreation and leisure and life skills activities.
Completing personal care routines and administering medications; operating a mechanical lift, providing encouragement while assisting with range of motion exercises or other identified skill development domains.
Promoting healthy and active lifestyles.
Assisting with skill development in areas such as daily living activities and socialinteractions.
- High school diploma and/or two years direct frontline experience in the field.
- Reliable, team player.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, registration and insurance ($2 000 000 liability insurance).
- Current Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Person’s Check.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Physically able to safely support individuals in activities such as lifting and transferring.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes.
Successful applicants who possess a MSW or BSW, or Diploma in Social Work are
required to register and maintain registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers
prior to commencement of employment.
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter indicating 1) the position
you are applying for, and 2) where you viewed our ad:
Attention to: Human Resources
Contact Person: Jackie Cossette
Lethbridge Family Services
1107 – 2 nd Avenue “A” North
Lethbridge AB T1H 0E6
Phone: (403) 327-5724
Fax: (403) 329-4924
Back to Employment Opportunities