Application Deadline: November 16, 2017.
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on…
A Community Disability Services Worker supports and facilitates the development of skills and competencies to assist individuals with disabilities to pursue and achieve their goals by accessing meaningful community based activities.
22.5 hours per week.
Monday through Friday, 11:45 pm to 4:00 pm plus 1 hour of documentation time per week. Hours may be expected to change on occasion.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- May include but are not limited to:
- Fostering proactive, innovative results to individuals and families affected by brain injury, developmental disabilities and/or fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Supporting individuals to participate in meaningful community based employment, community and volunteer placements, recreation and leisure and life skills activities.
- Communicating with the individuals they are supporting along with employers, employment team and support networks in a professional manner to ensure expectations are being met and challenges are addressed.
- Promoting healthy and active lifestyles.
- Assisting with skill development in areas such as daily living activities and social interactions.
- Administrative duties.
High school diploma and/or two years direct frontline experience in the field.
Reliable, team player.
Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, registration and insurance ($2,000,000 liability insurance).
Current Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Person’s Check.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Physically able to safely support individuals in activities such as lifting and transferring.
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes.
Date Posted: 11/02/2017
Successful applicants who possess a MSW or BSW, or Diploma in Social Work are required to register and maintain registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers prior to commencement of employment.
While each application is welcomed, further communication/contact from the Agency will be limited to those applicants selected for an interview.
Lethbridge Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter indicating 1) the position you are applying for, and 2) where you viewed our ad:
Attention to: Human Resources
Contact Person: Miranda Braun
Mailing Address: Lethbridge Family Services
1107 – 2nd Avenue “A” North
Lethbridge AB T1H 0E6
Phone: (403) 327-5724
Fax: (403) 329-4924
Back to Employment Opportunities