Application Deadline: November 17, 2017.
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on…
A Community Disability Services Worker supports and facilitates the development of skills and competencies to assist individuals with disabilities to pursue and achieve their goals by accessing meaningful community based activities. Job Coaches specialize in supporting individuals in employment/volunteer placements to learn and accurately perform job duties. Job Coaches provide training tailored to the needs of the job seeker and employer. Fostering independence in an employment setting is the focus of the position.
HOURS: 35hours per week
Flexibility is required to meet the employment needs of the individuals being served. Hours of work will need to be adjusted to provide support when required by the individual and employer.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
May include but are not limited to:
- Completing tasks in a variety of employment settings which may include physically completing and demonstrating the duties until individuals are able to complete tasks independently.
- Accurately assessing level of supports required for successful completion of job duties and fading support appropriately as skill develop.
- Working in collaboration with the employment team to develop strategies to foster independence and ensure successful employment placements for all parties.
- Communicating with individuals being supported, employers, employment team and support networks in a professional manner to ensure expectations are being met and challenges are addressed.
- Performing duties in a manner that promotes safety for all in accordance with agency and employment placement policies and OHS guidelines.
- Providing support to individuals to obtain employment, life and social skills in a group and individual settings using a variety of delivery methods.
- Completing documentation for multiple individuals.
Date Posted: 11/03/2017
- High school diploma and/or two years direct frontline experience in the field.
- Reliable, team player.
- Experience in job coaching and/or supported employment.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, registration and insurance ($2,000,000 liability insurance).
- Current Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Person’s Check.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes.
Successful applicants who possess a MSW or BSW, or Diploma in Social Work are required to register and maintain registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers prior to commencement of employment.
While each application is welcomed, further communication/contact from the Agency will be limited to those applicants selected for an interview.
Lethbridge Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter indicating 1) the position you are applying for, and 2) where you viewed our ad:
Attention to: Human Resources
Contact Person: Miranda Braun
Mailing Address: Lethbridge Family Services
1107 – 2nd Avenue “A” North
Lethbridge AB T1H 0E6
Back to Employment Opportunities