Application Deadline: COMPETITION CLOSING DATE: December 18, 2017
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting other in the learning process? Then read on …
A Community Employment Practitioner supports and facilitates the development of employment skills and competencies to assist individuals with disabilities to pursue and achieve their employment goals. A Community Employment Practitioner specializes in supporting individuals to obtain and maintain a broad spectrum of employment/volunteer opportunities. Developing and fostering community partnerships and fostering independence in employment/volunteer settings is the focus of the position.
This position has an anticipated start date of February 1, 2018.
HOURS: 35 hours per week
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
May include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing a variety of assessment methods to determine the vocational strengths, interests and challenges for individuals accessing services.
- Collaborating with the employment team to identify, secure and maintain appropriate employment/volunteer opportunities.
- Objectively evaluating employment locations for safety and ensuring emergency procedures/protocol are in place and understood.
- Working in collaboration with the employment team to develop strategies to foster independence and ensure successful employment placements for all parties.
- Communicating with individuals being supported, employers, employment team and support networks in a professional manner to ensure expectations are being met and challenges addressed.
- Completing tasks in a variety of employment setting which may include physically completing and demonstrating duties until individuals are able to complete tasks independently.
- Promoting the philosophy of Employment First.
- Unrelated diploma/degree and Foundations Training, or related diploma/degree.
- Minimum of one year front line experience.
- Experience in job coaching and/or supported employment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High level of self-motivation and problem solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, registration and insurance ($2,000,000 liability insurance)
- Current Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Person’s Check
Date Posted: 12/04/2017
START DATE: Anticipated start date of February 1, 2018
Successful applicants who possess a MSW or BSW, or Diploma in Social Work are required to register and maintain registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers prior to commencement of employment.
While each application is welcomed, further communication/contact from the Agency will be limited to those applicants selected for an interview.
Lethbridge Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter indicating 1) the position you are applying for, and 2) where you viewed our ad:
Attention to: Human Resources
Contact Person: Miranda Braun
Mailing Address: Lethbridge Family Services
1107 – 2 nd Avenue “A” North
Lethbridge AB T1H 0E6
Phone: (403) 327-5724
Fax: (403) 329-4924
Back to Employment Opportunities