Application Deadline: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
In a Respite Contracted Home, the client will stay with the successful applicant for scheduled weekends/vacation days and receive a variety of residential supports.
The Contracted Home providers will:
- Commit to teaching skills that foster independence.
- Ensure relationships between the individual and the individual’s support network are maintained. Provide support to the individual based on the individual’s specific needs including but not limited to: assistance or guidance with daily living skills such as safety, hygiene, shopping, household care and money management; providing transportation, arranging and attending medical appointments, and involvement with activities which promote recreation/leisure, community integration and social interactions.
- Attend regular meetings regarding the individual and complete and submit daily and monthly documentation.
- Attend and complete all mandatory training provided by Lethbridge Family Services, including:
- Emergency First Aid
- CPR & AED Training
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Behavior Management
- Abuse Response Protocol Training
- Restrictive Procedures
- Universal Precautions
- Safety Orientation
- Back In Control
- Safe Medication Administration
- Advocacy Training
- High school diploma and/or two years direct front line experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with $2,000,000 liability insurance
- A preference will be given to applicants with previous experience and/or education working with individuals with disabilities.
- The final candidate will be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check.
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter indicating 1) the position you are applying for, and 2) where you viewed our ad:
Attention to: Human Resources
Contact Person: Julie Boon
Mailing Address: Lethbridge Family Services
1107 – 2nd Avenue “A” North
Lethbridge AB T1H 0E6
Phone: (403) 327-5724
Fax: (403) 329-4924
Back to Employment Opportunities