Canyon Church Camp staff will learn and practice the skills required to create an enjoyable, safe and smooth running youth camp. The staff should have skills in song leadership, campfire planning, worship leadership and safety protocols. Desired skill sets include the following: hiking, orienteering, crafts, sports, rainy day activities, quiet time activities, music, nature knowledge, bible knowledge and appreciation of others’ faith stories. Staff are also required to be physically fit.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Shall endeavor to help the campers learn Christian faith and living by modeling Christian ideals and will assist their campers to obey all camp rules and regulations.
- Will work with the Resource Staff in guiding their campers through camp activities.
- Because the CIT is not 18 years of age, he or she will share responsibility for their campers with staff who are 18 years of age or older. At no time should a CIT be left alone to supervise their campers.
- Will attend recommended Camp training events and the orientation weekend.
- Must adhere to all the policies and procedures of camp. Failure to do so may result in their dismissal or other disciplinary actions and require the CIT to return home at personal expense. 6. Will be in residence at Camp only when a youth camp is in session and will live in a cabin with their campers. This means that they must return to their homes on weekends.
- Will participate in daily staff meetings and will work under the direction of the Camp Director and supervising Counselor to assist their campers in all activities at camp.
- Will refer any health problems to the Camp Medic.
- Must remember that the needs of campers always take priority over their own needs.
- Will promptly submit Incident Reports to the Camp Director as needed.
- Will adhere to all the rules and regulations of Camp and cannot leave the Camp unless permission is given by the Camp Director and must understand that failure to comply may result in their dismissal, or other disciplinary actions.
- Live in and supervise a cabin of campers. Will participate in all kitchen, bathroom and lodge cleanup with their campers. Will help their campers plan and lead in campfire, vespers, and morning watch as assigned. Will work with their campers to clean their cabin each morning for inspection and ensure a thorough cabin cleanup at each week’s end.
- Will be a listening ear and role model to the campers and Resource Staff.
- Will help in the implementation of workshops, group activities, and other Camp programs, ensuring that campers participate in all parts of the camping program.
- Must be at least 16 or 17 years of age at the commencement of employment.
- A current valid Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Included clear of any incidents is discretionary.
- Provide two References.
- Must have a respect for and a willingness to understand United Church of Canada Theology so as to encourage and support our Christian community.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy physical activity.
- Will possess many skills in the following areas: hiking, orienteering, crafts, sports, rainy day activities, quiet time activities, music, nature knowledge, bible knowledge and appreciation of others’ faith stories. Details required.
- Will submit a medical confirmation of physical fitness.
Canyon Church Camp is looking for fun energetic staff for the upcoming summer season. Fill out the application form here, then email your Resume and 2 References to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Employment Opportunities