Canyon Church Camp staff will learn and practice the skills required to create an enjoyable, safe and smooth running youth camp. The staff should have skills in song leadership, campfire planning, worship leadership and safety protocols. Desired skill sets include the following: hiking, orienteering, crafts, sports, rainy day activities, quiet time activities, music, nature knowledge, bible knowledge and appreciation of others’ faith stories. Staff are also required to be physically fit.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Order and maintain all food and supplies for the Kitchen and Camp, including the initial order placed prior to camp opening.
- Ensure that there is sufficient food within budget to feed campers as well as staff during time off.
- Open and close the Kitchen at the beginning and end of the season, with assistance from other staff.
- Supervise and teach the Assistant Cook while maintaining a friendly working relationship. Remember “team work” is important for the efficient running of the Kitchen.
- Provide tasty and nutritious meals and snacks, economically, for all rental groups and staff using the principles of Canada’s Food Guide as well as Canada’s Health and Safety Standards
- Ensure that Kitchen, coolers, Storage Shed and freezer are clean and sanitary at all times.
- Have a good understanding of the public relations role on behalf of Camp when communicating with rental groups, Parks Canada and the general public.
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures of Canyon Church Camp and will remain on site unless permission to leave is granted by the Camp Director or Board.
- He or she must be trained in Provincial Food Service Codes and Regulations.
- A current Standard First Aid certificate will be required.
- Provide a current valid Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Included clear of any incidents.
- Provide a current valid Provincial Child & Family Services Authority, Intervention Record Check clear of any incidents.
Canyon Church Camp is looking for fun energetic staff for the upcoming summer season. Fill out the application form here, then email your Resume and 2 References to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Employment Opportunities