Application Deadline: When suitable applicants found
This position will appeal to both certified health care aides and those who are interested in entering the field. We offer the opportunity to work while earning your certification through on-line learning with an accredited college. Assistance with tuition fees as well as tutoring support are available.
To provide in-home support to seniors and individuals who need assistance in completing daily personal care and activities.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Specific duties might vary, but basically you’ll assist with bathing, dressing, transferring and medication assistance and reminders. Another responsibility is monitoring behaviour changes and ensuring client safety.
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Health Care Aide Certification or related experience
- Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment, including a valid Driver’s License, and must have a registered, insured and reliable vehicle
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively in written and spoke English
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift up to 20 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting, and transferring
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions related to client care
- Previous experience in community care an asset
- A clear Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check
Computer skills are required
- A supportive team environment
- A competitive salary scale with wages between $17.50- $23.00 per hour depending upon qualifications and experience
- Incentive Bonuses and shift/weekend differentials
- Mileage reimbursement
- HCA Certification
- Opportunity for continuous learning and advancement
Vary according to client needs; will include evenings and alternate weekends. Assignment will be throughout the city of Lethbridge.
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter indicating 1) the position you are applying for, and 2) where you viewed our ad:
Attention to: Human Resources
Mailing Address: Lethbridge Family Services
1107 – 2nd Avenue “A” North
Lethbridge AB T1H 0E6
Phone: (403) 327-5724
Fax: (403) 329-4924
Back to Employment Opportunities