Application Deadline: Until Filled
Primary duties include development, coordination and marketing of summer programs (eg. Interfaith Learning Garden tours, workshops and garden mentor program) and special events; assistance to administrative staff; and coordination of program volunteers and promotional activities.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with program development, build lesson plans and design educational materials
- Interfaith Learning Garden
- Garden Tours and Workshops
- Garden Mentor Program
- Garden Policies & Procedures
- How to Manual for developing home, school or community gardens
- Donor recognition – recruit and recognize program donors
- Volunteer Coordination – in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator, recruit, train and place volunteers
- Market and promote programs – development of promotional materials and interaction with local media
- Backup for Administrative Staff – telephones, accepting donations, greeting the public and general administrative duties
- Act as part of the team and assist where needed.
- Additional duties as required by Executive Director.
- Intermediate Administrative Skills
- Computer skills – Word / Excel / Internet / Intranet / e-mail
- Organizational skills
- Program Development – lesson planning, scheduling, and development of educational materials
- Gardening/Horticultural Knowledge – garden maintenance, composting, soil & biology needs
- Supervisory skills – working with paid staff and volunteers
- Communication skills – written, verbal, inter-personal, public speaking
- Creativity and Ingenuity – ability to create engaging activities for varied audiences
- Must be willing to submit a Police Records Check.
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Hours: Monday to Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Please forward resume complete with cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail
Back to Employment Opportunities