Date: July 01, 2017, 10am - July 02, 2017, 12am
This year’s celebrations are extra special, as the community will be celebrating Canada’s 150th Canada Day, along with the nation! Our volunteers will be stationed in various roles including:
– Stage Hand – Responsible for assisting the Stage Manager with daily tasks such as; lining up main stage acts, removal/change over of stage equipment & instruments, assisting requests from headlining acts, etc.
– Information Booth Attendant – Responsible for manning the Information Booth and providing attendees with information, maps, FREE promotional items, etc.
– Missing Children Tent – Responsible for following standard Canada Day emergency protocol, to assist children whose parents have become lost. This includes; assisting fitting children for Information Wristbands, communicating with event security/police/organizers to notify of lost child, accompanying children while they wait to be picked up by parent/guardian, checking parent/guardian IDs to ensure children are being returned to proper adult, etc.
– Runner – Responsible for assisting in the delivery of goods between necessary event elements, for example; running water supplies to volunteers, delivering supplies to Youth Stage/Family Stage, etc.
– Kid Zone Attendant – Responsible for attending to & maintaining orderly line ups, in to and out of , Kid Zone attractions such as; inflatable structures, carnival games, etc.
Age of Volunteers Suitable For This Opportunity:
Youth 16-17 years, Adult 18-64 years, Seniors 65+ years
Type Of Opportunity:
Length of Commitment:
If Interested, Please Contact:
Please contact our Recreation & Culture Department for details on volunteer roles & tasks!
Back to Volunteer Opportunities