Exhibit Rovers interact with our visitors, providing an interpretive experience that connects them to nature through our exhibit program. Supporting the mission and vision, the Exhibit Rover represents the Nature Centre to visitors during normal operating hours (between 10:00am and 6:00pm).
This is a great volunteer position for those interested in:
- Having a very social experience
- Looking to connect with a wide range of visitors – local, regional, and international
- Building on their customer service skills
- Learning about Lethbridge’s natural history
• Provide an enjoyable and meaningful experience for Nature Centre visitors.
• Interpret Nature Centre exhibits.
• Connect visitors with staff when appropriate.
• Answers questions about the Nature Centre.
• Answers the phone and directs calls.
• Encourages donations to the Growing the Grassroots Endowment Fund.
• Encourages visitors to sign our guest book.
• Exhibit Rover greets guests.
• Help care for pets.
• Help prepare bulk mailings.
• Makes reminder phone calls to program participants.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prepares correspondence as needed.
• Proofreads brochure copy when time allows.
• Provides interpretive experience in our exhibit room.
Age of Volunteers Suitable For This Opportunity:
Youth 16-17 years, Adult 18-64 years, Seniors 65+ years
Type Of Opportunity:
Length of Commitment:
Long Term (6 months or more)
Can This Work Be Done From Home?:
If Interested, Please Contact:
Interested volunteers can review the volunteer website and fill-out an online application here: http://bttr.im/a3zoo
Back to Volunteer Opportunities