Date: Weekdays, 10am-1pm (once per week)
Where: Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization
Meals on Wheels Drivers are urgently needed. These volunteers fulfill the hugely important role of ensuring that those who are homebound (often they are elderly, in some cases they are adults recovering from surgery) have access to tasty, nutritious meals.
Drivers should be available for one regular weekday shift (all deliveries take place between 10am-1pm, Monday to Friday).
Other requirements. This volunteer role might be a fit for you if you:
* Enjoy working with seniors and adults with physical disabilities.
* Are able to work with other people.
* Are dependable and punctual.
* Exhibit warmth and a caring attitude.
* Are trustworthy.
* Are tolerant and non-judgmental.
* Possess good communication skills.
* Have the ability to set aside your own concerns to focus on the needs of the client.
* Are respectful of the privacy and feelings of others.
Estimate of Volunteers Needed:
Position Based Requirements:
Must have:* a valid driver’s license and required insurance coverage* access to a reliable vehicle
Age of Volunteers Suitable For This Opportunity:
Adults Only (18-65)
Is a Poilce Check Required?:
Is This Opportunity Appropriate for Individuals?:
Is This Opportunity Appropriate for Groups?:
Is this Opportunity Appropriate for Those Learning English?:
No, effective communication through English is required.
Length of Commitment:
Long Term (6 months or more)
Is This Suitable for Weekend only Volunteers?:
Can This Opportunity be done Virtually?:
If Interested, Please Contact:
Please contact Chelsea by phone or email: 403-320-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Volunteer Opportunities