It is an exciting opportunity to be involved with Volunteer Lethbridge, a capacity building organization for the Voluntary Sector in our community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- To identify issues important to the Association, obtaining information to facilitate open and complete discussion of these issues by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- To maintain neutrality and objectivity, while listening and evaluating opinions with an open mind.
- To support and participate in fundraising.
- To advocate for and assist in developing and maintaining positive relationships among the Board of Directors, committees, staff/volunteers, member agencies and the community.
- To be responsible for continuing self-education and growth; knowing the community and being familiar with community resources; to be aware of changing community trends and clientele needs
The Director must be a member in the Association and should:
- Be committed to and loyal to the work of Volunteer Lethbridge
- Have knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance: policy, finance, legal, public relations, programs, personnel and advocacy
- Have leadership, management, and administrative skills and an interest in further developing them
- Be community minded and interested in volunteerism
Age of Volunteers Suitable For This Opportunity:
Adult 18-64 years, Seniors 65+ years
Type Of Opportunity:
Length of Commitment:
Long Term (6 months or more)
Can This Work Be Done From Home?:
If Interested, Please Contact:
Interested applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter to Chris Roedler, Board Chair – via email email@example.com
Back to Volunteer Opportunities