This event could not possibly happen as AMAZINGLY as it does without the dedication from the beautiful human beings we call volunteers! Thank you so much for your time and interest in supporting the sweet event!
All volunteer inquiries can be directed to Chelsea Eastman, Event & Resource Coordinator, 403-332-4320, firstname.lastname@example.org.
So here are the deets:
Come rain or shine, the race kicks off at 2 pm and continues until the very last runner crosses the victory finish line. All Volunteers are invited to attend the BBQ after their shift, as a thank you for your help!
Here’s what needs to be done to help this colorful event run super smooth.
Set-up Crew – 5 people, 11am – 2pm
- The Set-up Crew is responsible for ensuring ‘The Grove’ is race ready! This involves a variety of tasks from picking up and delivering supplies to specific locations on the course, setting up the different tents and their contents, creating the ‘selfie wall’, and helping sponsors shuttle their supplies to their stations.
Greet & Guide – 3 people, 12:30-2:00
- Greet & Guide helps all attendees find the starting line before the race begins. You will be stationed at strategic locations entering the university to help direct people and parking to ‘The Grove’.
Traffic Flaggers – Training Provided – 14 people, 12:30-4:00
- This role is to safely direct traffic at designated intersections to ensure the safe crossing of Colour Fun Run participants through the intersections. Traffic Flaggers will wear provided safety vests, use flags, and ensure safety by helping runners to safely cross designated vehicle intersections on the race course by stopping vehicles and allowing runners to safely cross the road on race day. The goal is to make the course safe for the racers.
- **Training will be provided at NO COST** The certificate course is scheduled for April 4, 2018 @ 6pm at City Hall – Culver Room. This is a specific certification and is required for this run. Unfortunately, flag training other than this course cannot be accepted.
- Individuals who have previously completed the ‘Flag Person Training For Special Events in the City of Lethbridge’ within the last 3 years will not be required to attend the training session however, you will still be required to attend a mandatory orientation to learn the new route and determine stations. Certificate must be produced before we can waive the training.
Registration Table & BBQ – 8 people, 12:30-4:00
- Volunteers at the Registration table will be responsible for welcoming the participants/volunteers/sponsors that are signing in, marking their attendance and providing them with appropriate materials needed.
- Since registration ends as soon as the race begins, these volunteers will help set-up and serve for the BBQ that begins around 2:30.
- We are looking for individuals with a fun and welcoming attitude to increase the excitement of the Colour Fun Run!
Clean-up Crew – 4 people, 1:30-5:00
- The Clean-up crew helps maintain cleanliness of the race course, campus grounds, and University of Lethbridge facilities before and after the event. Teams of 2 will be given garbage bags to pick up any discarded clothing, bottles, wrappers, race course markers, or other kinds of race garbage along the course. The filled garbage bags will be left at a designated spot for the University facilities crew to pick up after the race.
- After the race, this crew will assist with taking down event materials around the course and in ‘The Grove’ area.
Race Ambassadors/Finish Line Cheer – 5 people, 12:30-4:00
- Initially, Race Ambassadors will be general support for all volunteers, participants and sponsors. They will be the ‘Go To’ people for information such as directions to amenities, the time line, etc. Their main station will be in The Grove offering assistance. After the race has begun, some or all of the Ambassador Team will hang out at the Finish Line offering congratulations as participants cross. This position runs from approximately 12:30-4:00.
Photographers – 2 people, 1:30-4:30
- We are looking for a few individuals to help take candid shots of the race in action! If you have a camera and would like to offer your skills and service to help us catch those awesome candid photos of the race, we would love to chat with you! This position runs from approximately 1:30-4:00 with lots of flexibility!