UVolunteer is a collaboration between the University of Lethbridge and Volunteer Lethbridge and we have been promoting volunteerism on campus since 2015!
What we do:
- Advocate the benefits of community service learning such as skill development, scholarships, work experience, personal development, community development, etc.
- Match students with volunteer opportunities based on their skills and education
- Advise students about how to strategically get involved in order to increase their work experience
- Work with students and staff to help plan volunteer-dependent projects
- Allow volunteers to document their hours with our hours tracking software
- Summarize volunteers’ experience by outlining where they’ve volunteered and how many hours they’ve completed. This document acts as a supplement to a student’s resume when applying for jobs or grad school